Monday, July 28, 2008

Pandora

Well i just did LAST.fm and i couldn't do one without the other, so here we go!

Pandora is sweet. It's quick, fast, that's kind of the same i guess, but you get the point. You type in an artist and boom you'll hear stuff by that artist and by other artists just like that. Just be careful though again, cause If you add Staind and you just like the poppy Staind songs than you're kind of screwed cause its going to try to play you crap like Korn and Red Faced Angry Nazis and stuff. I don't know if RFAN exists but they'd play corny stuff like that if they did. Yarr we're angry! we scream and roar at the mic woohoo!

Ease of use: Login, create your profile its a breeze.

No itunes information uploading. No programs installed on your computer. It uses flash i assume cause it's crazy fast. and flash is like ... a flash so...you know. Um. bollocks. That's british for dogs bawls btw.

You basically create radio stations based on what kind of music you like. So I like Stronger by Kanye West, well it'll make me a playlist with Justin Timberlake songs in it. Well maybe not, but they should they're pretty much the same. No you'll get Common and Jay-Z if you type in Kanye West. And Peter Bjorn & John found me some older PB&J songs. LOL PB&J I LOVE PB&J. PB&J on Thomas English Muffins YUMMY!...make sure they're Toasted then the pb melts so good! Moni u need to do a write up on the yummiest snack that is fun to make and easy!

Great Lake Swimmers got me some other cool folky stuff. But they don't have Reed KD on there yet. Reed KD is awesome try to see a show. He's mostly out in Cali, but book him up he's based out of Santa Cruz. The chickie who sings with them is cute and has a great voice. I'm mad when she doesn't sing with them, luckily it's not often. "Empty Bottles" is a great tune!

Pandora vs Last? Well when i'm at home I like last.fm because i like that it reads off of my whole music library which is pretty extensive. Three years ago i had 27 days worth of music. I imagine i have added quite a bit to that. I need to upgrade to a new ipod soon. My iPhone is cool, but i hate having to uncheck songs from my ipod cause its only 30gigs and i have like 80 gigs of music.

My music tastes. It's pretty funny a friend turned me onto listening to CDs like albums where you can't just skip through songs you have to listen to the songs in that order. I do that now, he stopped doing it which is classic, but I rarely skip through songs when i'm listening to an album and people who constantly change the song pisS mE oFF! so annoying just let it play! So yeah i have a lot of songs, that i don't necessarily listen to all the time, but I get tired of hearing A+ songs all the time. Some of those other songs may not be amazing, but they're unique and calm me down, clear my thoughts, expand my mind, make me think, remind me that these people are out there being creative and I'm able to sit here and write about it. Songs like this that i like "I do believe" by the Duke Spirit. Each time i've heard it for the longest time I was like god this songs pretty cool. It's so simple, but its quite chill. Another simple song that's sick is of course "Aly Walk With me" buy you already know that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home