Sunday, January 11, 2009

Kosheen – Resist

I’m not really sure why i have Kosheen on my iphone, but now that its there and i’ve heard this song, i’m really glad i do. I put all my “new music” on endless repeat this morning and this was one of the tracks that came up. Other tracks came up but they weren’t memorable i suppose. One track by cat stevens came up off his 3 disc box collection and i was 25 yards away upstairs dying for the song to end so i didn’t have to walk downstairs and change it. Then Resist came on and about four tracks later of decent tunes that i’ve heard dozens of times (black river killer) i still had to walk downstairs to backtrack and put it on again.

Resist is a soft electronic song. It’s got good cool rhythms, beats, and sounds unusual. It reminds me of Santogolds – Starstruck, which is harder and darker, whereas Resist makes me want to sing “you’re always talking, you’re out of control, you’re always talking” and starstruck just makes me wanna partay! Sian Evans has a great voice. I think you’ll like it.

Kosheen Last.FM blurb:
Kosheen are a Bristol-based trio formed in 1998. The band includes Sian Evans(vocals), Darren “Decoder” Beale and Markee “Substance” Morrison (both producing, mixing, guitars etc.).

You’ll notice i keep using songmeanings, because i love the idea that you can comment on someones song, when can you ever do that on a lyric site?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home