Sunday, January 11, 2009

Ryan Adams – Wonderwall

I absolutely love this track. Ryan Adams’ cover is so good in fact that Left of Center has reported that Oasis now sings this song live the same way. I think thats got to be pretty unusual, probably even a first. It’s quiet, sad, depressing, caring, absolute, resolute, uplifting. I don’t even need to post lyrics, everyone knows them from this classic Oasis tune of the mid to late 90s, back when i didn’t even care for Oasis, back when i was too minded of what was in and cool. Girls liked Oasis and guys liked 311. It’s pretty silly, but that’s the world I lived in.

Adams’ Wonderwall takes me back to the romantic college days of Junior year, courting a Belgian girl (or rather obsessing over) and the sense of love i lost, and have been unable to regain since. It’s true, now i’m a grumpy 27 year old and no one knows why. At times it sounds like he’s crying when he’s singing, which brings me back to University of Richmond Jeter Hall room 212, I’d cry myself to sleep at night listening to depressing ass music deeply saddened that the one thing i had come to love and cherish could not find the same love in her own heart.

Luckily I’ve moved on, but I’m still riding solo. :)

Ryan Adams Last.FM blurb:
Ryan Adams (born David Ryan Adams on November 5, 1974) is analt-country and rock and roll singer-songwriter from Jacksonville, North Carolina.

p.s. Listening to Ryan Adams – The House is Not For Sale, Love is Hell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home